Monday, August 13, 2007

Well, he did it!



Braden went to school. His first day was last Thursday. He was nervous....I was nervous. He settled in quickly with a folder game at his table.

I stood around for a while in the class with a few other parents. He continued playing his game, not even realizing I was there, so I decided to go. There was a parent reception area down the hall where we gathered and talked for a bit, consoled each other and finally, after realizing there was nothing more to do, we left.

When I came to pick him up after his first half day, he runs to the car saying "That was GREAT! I give it 89 thumbs up!" Can't beat that, I guess.

So today is his first full day and as I was driving there this morning I say "Do you want me to drop you off at the door or should I take you to your classroom?" "Nah", he says "Not unless you just WANT to." Uh....what? Not the response I wanted to hear....So I marched myself up to his class, have a short chat with his teacher, and come home. Now it's just me and Bryson. I do a little cleaning, play with Bryson. He takes a nap and here I am. ALONE. I almost feel...depressed. This isn't supposed to be happening. What happened to me doing all those things I said I was gonna do when I got some free time? What was it I wanted to do again? I can't seem to remember for thinking about Braden and wondering what he's doing every 15 minutes! Oh boy...this is going to take some getting used to!

No comments:

Free Blog Counter