Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wow...is it August already?



















I can't believe my first baby is about to start Kindergarten in 8 days. I'm sure I will laugh later about being so stressed about it, but somebody give me a sedative, would ya?? I've had him for nearly 6 years to myself. Don't get me wrong, he's totally prepared. He WANTS to go. It's Mommy that is having the problem. I keep trying to look at the positives....like being able to spend time alone with just Bryson. I know that's a good thing. He is going to a private Christian school with only 16 kids in his class. Can't beat that, right? For me, though, it's all about turning my child over to someone else. It's hard for me to think of him somewhere else and me not being able to see him or know exactly what he's doing. I'm sure I will be doing plenty of volunteering out there. But change is kind of a hard one for me and this is a BIG one!


In other news, Bryson went to the allergist last week after an 8 month struggle of us trying to figure out what he was allergic to. Turns out it's soy, eggs and corn...all of the things we were letting him have in place of the wheat we were trying to keep him off of because we thought it was that! Mealtimes are a complete nightmare around here, which I am not used to. When Braden was a baby, he would eat anything we were eating. And still to this day, if he's never tried something before, he immediately wants to try it. Bryson is as opposite as could be from that. I cannot get him to eat ANY vegetables at this point (does french fries count?), although I try daily. Between what he can't eat and what he won't eat, there's not much left. So I feel like I feed him nothing but turkey sausage and pretzels at this point! Sometimes it just drives me nutty!


My only therapy is the scrapbooking I've been doing lately. I have done 9...that's right NINE scrapbook pages in the last week! I feel like I finally have my office like I've always wanted it. For me it's all about organization, and I get totally paralyzed when things aren't in complete order. The ideas are flowing like water over here and I recently made up a new system that is really working for me. I bought cute little recipe card holder and filled it with index cards. Whenever I get an idea for a page (the journaling always comes first for me), I whip out a card, write and sketch my idea, print out the photo(s) I want to go with it and then stick it in my handy dandy Cropper Hopper 5x7 photo keeper. It's all ready to go when I get the time to do my page. Here's my proof that is so working for me...My wall-o-pages:


I like to hang them up for a bit and enjoy them before I tuck them away in my albums. Here's to getting another page done today!
-M

No comments:

Free Blog Counter